- A smile can be the most eye-catching feature of a face. With dentistry’s many advances, you no longer have to settle for stained, chipped or misshapen teeth. You now have choices that can help you smile with confidence.
- Even the most subtle change in your smile can make a dramatic difference in the way you look and feel about yourself. Talk to your dentist about the options most suitable for you, what your expectations are, and the dental fees involved.
- Tooth whitening (bleaching) brightens teeth that are discolored or stained. Bleaching may be done completely in the dental office, or the dentist may dispense a system for you to use at home.
- Bonding can improve the appearance of teeth that are chipped, broken, cracked, stained or have spaces between them. With bonding, tooth-colored materials are applied, or bonded, to the tooth surface.
- Enamel shaping involves modifying teeth to improve their appearance by removing or contouring the enamel. The process, which often is combined with bonding, usually is quick and comfortable, and the results can be seen immediately.
- Veneers are thin, custom-made shells designed to cover the front of your teeth. Made of tooth-colored materials, veneers are used to treat spaces between teeth and teeth that are chipped or worn, permanently stained, poorly shaped or slightly crooked.
- Braces are not just for kids. Orthodontics may be needed if teeth are crooked, crowded or do not meet properly. If your dentist thinks you should see a specialist for treatment, he or she will refer you to an orthodontist.